Audiometric Testing Results Questions
Periodic and Annual Audiometric Testing Process
Our process for mobile audiometric testing results at your facility begins with a phone call or email to Sonic to schedule a date and understand your employee shift schedules (if applicable). From there, we provide the necessary documentation and information on what employees can expect on testing day.
If an abnormal test occurs during the hearing test, our technician explains the steps taken afterwards. In most cases, the technician will issue a referral to Andersons hearing clinic for further evaluation.
Q: What is Audiometric Testing?
Our Program Consists of
- Sound level monitoring
- OSHA-required calibration checks conducted daily.
- Experienced, certified technicians.
- All abnormal test results reviewed by an experienced, certified audiologist.
- Easy-to-understand employee and management reports returned promptly to you.
- Excellent attenuation of ambient noise during testing.
- Mobile onsite unit
- Up to 14 employees tested per hour.
- Test results kept on file for 20 years
- Comparison charts distributed to employee’s
- Baseline and periodic testing
- On site On time On budget!
Sonic’s data management program, is second to none in maintaining and providing analysis for employee audiograms. We keep all records on file and provide comparisons after two visits to your location.
Hearing Conservation Education
If requested, Sonic provides employee hearing conservation training in accordance with OSHA guidelines and recommendations from the National Hearing Conservation Association.